Typical Costs of Water Damage Restoration
Each water damage type will vary a great deal. With that, so do the costs associated with them. The overall size and extent of the damage must be taken into consideration. Additionally, there is the quality of the water, such as river, fresh, or sewer water and the location as they will each play a role in how much the restoration process costs.
Water emergencies themselves cost Americans about $7,000 on average. This is why it comes as no surprise that more property owners are ensuring they have coverage from these problems.
Damage type matters
To help guide you through this process, the following types of water damage and their average repair costs are explored:
- Ceiling damage caused by leaking roof: (professional restoration) $100-$300; (do-it-yourself) $30-$50
- Flooded basement: $500-$10,000
- Water heater, washing machine, dishwasher or air conditioner leak: $5,000, on average
- Burst water pipe: $5,000-$70,000
- Flooded house: $7,800-$26,285
Sourced from: home.costhelper.com
When you review this information, keep in mind that these are when the water damage is quickly addressed. The longer you allow the water to fester, the more there will be costs for greater damage to sheetrock, hardwood, carpeting and even support beams.
While hiring a water damage restoration company, it is important to know what is included for your home and business. This means getting down to what is actually covered. Typically, the following items are covered.
- The initial inspection of the property and estimate calculation
- Cost of materials required for repairs and their delivery, if necessary
- Worksite prep for the jobsite, this does include protecting unaffected areas
- Labor costs on an hourly basis that include set-up, active cleanup and final restoration
- Clean-up and removal of debris
When a general contractor is included, you may have to pay their fees on top of everything else. Sales tax on materials, permits and inspection fees would also be in addition to any estimates in place.
Remember, the only way you are going to keep costs down is if you act quickly. Loss is minimized when the areas begins to dry and the water is removed. A water damage restoration company will help you to avoid all this and more. Take the first steps and contact a trusted professional like us today.
Cities We Service:
Abilene, Allen, Amarillo, Arlington, Carrollton, Dallas, Flower Mound, Fort Worth, Frisco, Garland, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Irving, Lewisville, Longview, Lubbock, McKinney, Mesquite, Midland, Odessa, Plano, Richardson, Rowlett, San Angelo, Tyler, Waco, Wichita Falls